RazorSQL is a SQL database query tool, SQL editor, database browser, administration tool and database management tool with support for over 40 databases and includes built in connection capabilities for Access, Cassandra, DB2, Derby, DynamoDB, Firebird, FrontBase, HSQLDB, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, OpenBase, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SimpleDB, Salesforce, SQL Anywhere, SQL Azure, SQLite, Sybase and Teradata. Any other JDBC or ODBC (Windows only) compliant database is also supported. RazorSQL ships with a built in relational database engine that is up and running out of the box and requires no end user administration. Some of the main features contained in RazorSQL are visual tools for creating, editing, describing, altering, dropping, and viewing database objects; tools for importing and exporting data; a database browser for the viewing of database objects and structures; and a robust programming editor with support for SQL, PL/SQL, TransactSQL, SQL PL, PHP, Java, XML, HTML, and twelve other programming languages. Also included are a query builder, tools for creating, editing, and executing stored procedures, triggers, and functions, a tool to compare table data and/or query results, and SQL history. Add functionality with the plugin API.
Distribution permissions: See the End User License Agreeement (EULA) - LIMITED DISTRIBUTION LICENSE section.
RazorSQL - License Agreement
BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. USING THE SOFTWARE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
Richardson Software, LLC licenses the RazorSQL software (hereinafter referred to as the "Software"), which includes binaries, source code, registration codes, license codes, and any accompanying documentation, to you (either an individual or single entity) only upon the condition that you accept all of the terms contained in this license agreement ("Agreement").
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: Richardson Software, LLC, grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Software. You may use the Software on more than one computer system, as long as it is always used by the same user. Each additional user of the Software requires an additional license.
Software is copyrighted and title to Software and all associated intellectual property rights are retained by Richardson Software, LLC. Unless otherwise specified, you may not rent, lease, sublicense, or assign the Software to any third party.
2. LIMITED DISTRIBUTION LICENSE: Distribution of registered versions of the Software is strictly prohibited. Permission is granted to distribute unregistered, trial versions of the Software, completely unaltered and unregistered provided that it is clearly indicated that the product is Shareware and should be paid for for continued use. There must be no charge for the Software and if packaged with other Shareware, only a small and resonable fee may be requested for media/shipping. Any distribution satisfying all these distribution requirements is hereby authorized. Any exceptions are only permitted if specifically authorized by Richardson Software, LLC. Please contact Richardson Software, LLC for exceptions, or questions. Permission to distribute the Software package is not transferable, assignable, saleable, or franchisable. Each vendor wishing to distribute the package must independently satisfy the terms of this limited distribution license. Richardson Software, LLC may revoke any permissions granted here, by notifying you in writing. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to Richardson Software, LLC.
3. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT:
3.1 TERM AND TERMINATION OF MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT. The initial purchase of a license to the Software for a user includes a one year subscription to receive maintenance and support services on behalf of such user, as set forth in this Section 3 ("Maintenance and Support"), commencing on the date Richardson Software, LLC sends electronic confirmation with registration and license key(s) to the email address provided by the customer.
3.2 MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Maintenance and Support means that Richardson Software, LLC will provide: (a) updates and upgrades to the Software, if any, made publicly available by Richardson Software, LLC to its maintenance and support customers during the term of Maintenance and Support, and (b) At Richardson Software, LLC's discretion, Richardson Software, LLC may provide support through email or discussion forums at Richardson Software, LLC's web site.
4. TERM AND TERMINATION: This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of Software. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice from Richardson Software, LLC if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of Software.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: The Software and any support from Richardson Software, LLC are provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION REMAINS WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL Richardson Software, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR OTHER ECONOMIC CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF Richardson Software, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION Richardson Software, LLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CLAIMED BY YOU BASED ON ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM. IN THE EVENT THAT NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, Richardson Software, LLC IS FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), Richardson Software, LLC's LIABILITY TO YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE.
7. REFUND POLICY: To be eligible for a refund, Richardson Software, LLC must receive a refund request within 30 days of the date of purchase.
8. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS: You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software in whole or in part. You may not distribute, copy, publish, assign, sell, bargain, convey, transfer, pledge, lease or grant any further rights to use the Software. You may not modify or create derivative work based on the Software in whole or in part. You may not tamper with, alter, disable or circumvent the Software's built-in license verification and enforcement capabilities. You may not remove of alter any trademark, copyright, logo or other proprietary notices in the Software. You may not disclose any license codes in any way.
9. GENERAL PROVISIONS:
9.1 CONSENT TO JURISDICTION AND FORUM SELECTION. This Agreement will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland and the United States of America, without regard to conflict of law principles. The parties hereby consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland for resolution of any disputes arising out of this Agreement.
9.2 COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. This Agreement is expressly made subject to any laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions on the export from the U.S. of the Software or of information related thereto which may be imposed from time to time by the U.S. government ("U.S. Export Laws"). Customer's use of the Software must be strictly in accordance with law. Customer shall obtain any required non-U.S. governmental authorizations, including without limitation any import licenses and foreign exchange permits, and, if applicable, shall file or register this Agreement with the appropriate authorities.
9.3 SEVERABILITY; WAIVER. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way and the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be enforced to the full extent permitted. The waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this Agreement will not operate or be interpreted as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
10. INTEGRATION: This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Richardson Software, LLC relating to its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations and warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.
11. THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE: RazorSQL ships with the jTDS JDBC driver, which is covered by the LGPL (GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE). Users can choose to dynamically link to this driver to connect to Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase databases instead of obtaining JDBC drivers for these databases manually. The jTDS driver can be found in the drivers/jtds/ directory under the RazorSQL installation directory. The source, binary, and license files for the jTDS driver are included in the jtds directory.
RazorSQL ships with the PostgreSQL JDBC driver. This driver is covered under the BSD License. The license file is located in the drivers/postgresql directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the Oracle JDBC driver. This driver is covered under the ORACLE TECHNOLOGY NETWORK DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE AGREEMENT.
RazorSQL CONTAINS Runtime Modules of the DB2 Universal Database JDBC Type-4 Driver (c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2003 All Rights Reserved The license file is located in the drivers/db2 directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the Sybase jConnect JDBC Driver. The license file is located in the drivers/sybase directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the Informix JDBC driver. The license file is located in the drivers/informix directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the Firebird Jaybird JDBC driver. The license file is located in the drivers/firebird directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the MongoDB Java Driver. The license file is located in the drivers/mongodb directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the SQLite JDBC driver from xerial.org. The license file is located in the drivers/sqlite directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL ships with the MariaDB Java Client. The license file is located in the drivers/mariadb directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses icons from the eclipse project (www.eclipse.org).
RazorSQL uses the Apache Jakarta POI project for creating xls files. The license file is located in the poi directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses jxl for interfacing with Excel files. The license file is located in the jxl directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses the jgoodies look and feel libraries. The license file is located in the jgoodies directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses the HTML Tidy libraries. The license file is located in the tidy directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses JSQLParser. The license file is located in the jsqlparser diretory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses the Jsch libraries for secure FTP. The license file is located in the ftp directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses the Apache Commons Net libraries for FTP. The license file is located in the ftp directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.
RazorSQL uses the HSQLDB database engine and JDBC drivers. The license files are located in the drivers/hsqldb directory under the RazorSQL installation directory.